St. Nicholas C of E Primary School, through its Christian ethos, aims to enable all pupils to achieve their full personal and academic potential.
Through challenging and exciting experiences in a supportive and secure environment we encourage high levels of motivation, co-operation and stability.
The school aims to serve its community by providing a stimulating and challenging education of the highest quality within the context of Christian faith, belief and practice. The school encourages and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils and develops its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with St. Nicholas’ Church at Parish and Diocesan level.
We aim to deliver an education consistent with our Mission Statement which will
- Encourage children to work and learn both independently and co-operatively, developing self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Provide quality learning and teaching in a safe,stimulating, caring environment so that pupils develop lively enquiring minds enabling them to strive to achieve their best.
- Work as a team in partnership with parents, governors, the church, the Local Education Authority and the wider community, for the benefit of each individual child.
- Reflect our commitment to a Christian way of life, encompassing tolerance, morality and self – discipline.
- Promote co-operation, friendship and consideration for others, we consider this to be essential in the development of the Christian ethos in our school.